Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Error -26668: Failed to open console sync file

Problem Statement:

During replay of a script in LoadRunner we see the following error:
Action.c(xxx): [Continuing after] Error -26668: Failed to open console sync file ("[SCRIPT PATH]\result1\ctrlsink.dat") for output. Internal error code (errno) was 24  [MsgId: MERR-26668]
This occurs on a web_url() function after the first iteration passed successfully.

Solution:

Increase the network buffer size parameter from default 12288 to something greater, e.g. 40960 in Run Time Settings->Preferences->Options->Network buffer size

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sunil,

    First of all thanks for your blog, its very informative. I m having over 6 yrs of IT experience and around 4 yrs of Performance testing experience. For my current project we need to use SiteScope for monitoring. I have some theoretical knowledge on that but have not worked on this for any of my previous assignment. Can you please guide me how to implement this in my project in some step by step manner. For your information, we are using performance center 9.5 for test execution. I know that we have to install SiteScope in any of the machine. But I need to know how we can connect the SiteScope machine and the controller machine for monitoring (specially URL). If you already have some blog on this please let me know.

    ReplyDelete